Why choose me?
Penning and Planning launched in July 2018 following a desire for a flexible career involving one of my favourite things – words! Having always been obsessed with reading, writing, spelling and grammar, to now run an editorial services business combining all these elements, after 12 years of teaching English and English literature, is an absolute dream for me.
Reading is the best part though, especially reading a new author’s manuscript for the first time and immediately feeling their passion and creativity within the pages. I am a crime fiction/psychological thriller/darker themes specialist but it is an honour to be involved in any author’s process and progress, whatever the genre.
Being in the midst of writing my own series of three psychological thrillers, I am always mindful of ensuring editorial feedback to authors is sensitive, positive and constructive – I will be in their vulnerable position myself soon enough!
Below are my general pricing guidelines, to give you an idea of the costs involved for professional writing, editing and proofreading services. However, bespoke prices can be discussed for individual projects, or on-going collaborations.
The ideal timeframe for editing and proofreading a full length book is 3 months prior to publication, so advance booking is encouraged. Tighter timelines can often be accommodated but may incur an additional fee.
Get in touch to find out more and feel free to ask questions galore – after all, it is important for us both to get the right fit!
Writing: from £25 per hour
Editing: from £11 per 1000 words
Proofreading: £10 per 1000 words
Samples: FREE per 1000 words
No upfront fees.
Payment plans are available. For example, for full length book editing and proofreading (50,000+ words), 50% of the total price is payable at the half way point of the project, with the remaining 50% due on completion.
As an experienced writer, editor and proofreader, my professional promises are to be:
- Sympathetic of, and respectful to, your author voice.
- Accommodating of your preferred deadlines, where possible.
- As thorough and detail oriented as possible when working on your manuscript.
- Enthusiastic and supportive yet constructive, in order to get everything as right as it can be!
- Continually developing professionally through the SfEP, PTC and other reputable training courses.
- Transparent in my communications and procedures, keeping you informed through all the stages of our projects.
If you are:
- An author who understands the importance of investing in a professional editor and/or proofreader,
- A small business owner who understands the benefits of writing a nonfiction ebook as part of your marketing plan, or
- A writer who needs help and encouragement to create your novel…
I can’t wait to hear from you!
Thank you for considering Penning and Planning – come and find me on social media!